The Nendaz Freeride U14 competition group gathers young athletes from 10 to 14 years old wishing to progress in freeride and participate in their first Freeride Junior Tour (FJT) competitions.
The Nendaz Freeride U14 competition group is supervised all winter by a certified ski instructor.
Here are the details of the training:
- 5 days of training on snow
- Accompaniment on 2-3 competitions of the Freeride Junior Tour U14
- Support for competition registration
- 2 days of off-snow training (Alaia, skate, trampoline, bike, etc.)
- Half a day of prevention and safety training given by SLF
- Discounts on all Nendaz Freeride equipment and on the association's sponsors
- Free access to the Nendaz Freeride HQ (table football, table tennis, darts, conference room)
- Mandatory equipment: avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe, helmet and backpack (airbag not mandatory)
- Gift offered by the Nendaz Freeride Association (buff, mask or t-shirt)
- Positive communication for the resort of Nendaz and the Nendaz Freeride association
- Price: CHF 450 (excluding registration and travel to competitions)
The objective of this group is to learn how to "ride" while having fun, with the maximum possible safety, while participating in the first competitions.
Here are some of the topics that are covered:
- How to react in case of an accident
- Reading the snowpack
- Use of safety applications such as SLF, REGA etc.
- Use of mandatory equipment: avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe
- Preparing for a freeride trip etc.
On and/or off the slopes:
- Work on ski technique on all types of snow
- Air & style (snowpark or backcountry)
- Learn to spot and make "freeride lines
We will ask participants to have a minimum of ski technique for the good progress and safety of all. The instructors reserve the right to refuse or relax a candidate if their level is deemed insufficient. He will then be directed to a more suitable course. Information and registration :
+41 79 503 48 92